What a great day after Christmas! Matt & I are holding down the fort as the snow begins to fall! I played my new Wii game “Just Dance 2” and it was so much fun! It was definitely a workout, too! When Matt got home from the store, I was literally in the middle of Russian-like dance moves– kinda like Elf does when he is sent in the mail room! What a sight! Haha! 😀
We watched the Patriots game earlier–they won! Now we are watching the Packers/Giants came, and then we will be tuning into the Eagles game @ 8:20. We love football in this house! Look what I am wearing today:
My dad & uncles would be less than thrilled to see me wearing this number. Matt is a hardcore Eagles fan, since his family hails from Pennsylvania. In watching numerous Eagles games, hearing about them all the time, and having to watch Eagles highlights frequently, I have actually come to like rooting for them. Of course, I still consider myself a Patriots fan, too, and I love Tom Brady. What will I do if it is a Patriots/Eagles Super Bowl? I think I would have to stick to my New England upbringing and go for the Patriots…sorry, Matt & fam!
Well, I took a break from football to make the chicken tenders, some sweet potato fries, and a salad for dinner. Here’s how I made the fries:
Super Easy Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet potatoes
- Garlic powder
- Olive Oil
- Pre heat oven to 450 degrees. Cut sweet potatoes into fry size pieces.
- Coat sweet potatoes in enough olive oil to coat. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper to your personal liking. You could add different spices. I used a big ziplock to mix everything around.
- Spread onto prepared baking sheet. Single layer- not too close together!
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Here is the recipe for some delish chicken tenders. Perfect for game day!
- Chicken breast cut into thick strips
- Whole wheat bread crumbs (enough to cover what you have for chicken)
- Whole wheat flour (enough to cover what you have for chicken)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Marinade of your choice
- Marinade chicken for 30 minutes or more. I used an orange flavored marinade today.
2. Pre heat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare your breading station. Bowl 1 should be the whole wheat flour (you can add a bit of salt & pepper to this if you’d like). Bowl 2 is the beaten eggs. Bowl 3 is the whole wheat breadcrumbs.
3. Put chicken through your bread station. First in the flour, then in the eggs (make sure you shake off excess liquid), and last in the bread crumbs. Place them on a prepared baking sheet.
4. Cook for 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Then enjoy!
Here’s what my delicious meal looked like all together!
Yummy! I made a salad with romaine lettuce, snow peas, a little bit of cabbage, and mandarins to get some veggies in! Great meal, and perfect for watching football!
Well, I am going to play Just Dance again and watch the Eagles! I will be snowed in tomorrow and hopefully night skiing! 🙂