Today was back to reality, but I had a fantastic day at work, and the hard work I have put in there has definitely paid off. 😀 I am super confident that 2011 is going to be a great year!
I don’t really have set “New Year’s Resolutions”, but I definitely want to eat a bit better in 2011. To kick off our work week right, I made Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry over Red Quinoa for dinner.
Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry over Red Quinoa
- 1 16 oz. package of extra firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3-4 carrots, matchstick cut
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 1 tbsp. of peanut oil or other type of oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp. of water
- 1 cup of red quinoa (uncooked)
- Put 1 cup of red quinoa and 2 cups of water or broth in a pan. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Heat oil in stir fry pan at medium high heat. Add tofu and cook until golden. When done put aside on a paper towel.
- Add onions, garlic, and ginger to the same pan. When onions start to brown add peppers, edamame, and carrots.
- In a small sauce pan add 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and honey and bring to a simmer. Add corn starch mixture and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Pour over tofu and vegetables. Serve immediately over red quinoa.
This super healthy meal even got rave reviews with the husband! Great start to the week! I hope everyone else had a good Monday!