For some reason, whenever I am done eating dinner I feel this pressing urge to immediately light a scented candle to block out the lingering smell of food. And it has nothing to do with my obsession with candles:
Uhh…yeah, this is me thinking I’m the queen of the Yankee Candle Flagship Store in Deerfield, MA (yes that is an actual crown on my head). My king was taking the picture, clearly. 😉 Ok, back to where I was going with that…when I bake, I LOVE the way house smells! And I baked up a winner of a scent tonight with cranberry walnut scones!
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix in the butter, then cranberries and walnuts. Then slowly add the milk and vanilla. Mix until entire batter is moist. It should look like cookie dough.
- Flour your hands and surface and knead dough with your hands.
4. Cut into about 8-10 scones. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with a little bit of cooking spray.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. Enjoy! (And your house will smell delicious!)
I tried half of one, and they came out fantastic! And I did light a candle after, but more because of my obsession and to add to the yummy smell of freshly baked scones!