Today is the first week of Mexican Mondays! Tonight I threw together a Mexican Casserole, and I literally mean throw together. I knew I had the essentials to make it (ground turkey, mexicorn, and tomatoes with green chilis)…but didn’t use a recipe to go by. I added zucchini to it, too, which was fantastic!
- 1lb. ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 can mexicorn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- About 1 cup of tomato sauce
- Chili powder
- Reduced fat colby jack cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Heat oil in a pan on high and cook ground turkey until brown. Add onion and zucchini, and cook until onion starts to brown.
- Mix in mexicorn, black beans, and tomatoes. Transfer to an oven safe casserole dish.
- Mix in tomato sauce. Then mix in cumin and chili powder to taste.
- Heat in oven for 15 minutes. Top with cheese and heat until cheese is melted.
I meant to add brown rice inside but forgot, so I served it over the rice instead.
So…apparantly some winter weather is coming our way starting tomorrow night. I am crossing my fingers for a snow day on Wednesday. I might even wear my pajamas inside out tomorrow night…I’m five. The last storm they hyped up, we only got 1 inch, though, so we’ll see! Ok…back to “The Bachelor”!