Man oh man…today was a long day! I have been feeling super moody this afternoon, really for no good reason! Maybe it’s the miserably cold weather, or maybe the stress of taking on a new classroom is finally getting to me…ahh who knows! I am going to snuggle up soon & watch The Bachelor. My tude ended up scoring me an offer for a foot rub during my guilty pleasure of a show! The combination of the two should get rid of my Monday blues!
Ok enough whining! Tonight for dinner I decided to make a variation of a recipe I found on CookingLight.com for Chicken with Black Bean Salsa.
Ingredients (This makes 3 servings):
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup Mexicorn (canned or frozen)
- 2 tbsp. chopped red onion
- 2 tsp. chopped jalepeno pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3 chicken breasts
- any other seasoning of your choice (I used ground cayenne pepper & chili powder)
- I used my George Foreman grill. So my first step was to plug it in and wait for it to heat. You can totally make the chicken a different way, though.
- To make the salsa, combine all ingredients up to and including grape tomatoes.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and other seasoning and add to grill.
- Grill until cooked through. Squeeze a fresh lime over the chicken.
I chose to make mine into a salad, while Matt opted to put his in a tortilla. This was a delicious and light meal, which I was perfect after a weekend full of fun. Hopefully my icy cold mood will dethaw overnight! Catch ya tomorrow!