“Red beans and rice didn’t miss her!” Hehe, remember that song? I had gotten some turkey kielbasa for a real good price and had kidney beans on hand, so I looked at a few different recipes for kielbasa and beans and came up with this:
Turkey Kielbasa & Kidney Beans over Brown Rice
Ingredients (serves about 3 or 4):
- Olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 package turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- brown rice, cooked
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add onions and cook until softened. Add kielbasa and cook until browned.
- Lower heat and add beans, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until heated throughout. Then add spices.
- Serve over brown rice.
“You can tell everyone on you blog, ‘Matt gives his approval’, if you want.” Oh gee thanks, Matt! 😉
We had some salad with our meal to get some more veggies in.
Tomorrow is my last day in the classroom I’ve worked in for almost a year and half! 😦 It’s bittersweet because I am definitely going to miss my students, but I’m very excited to work with new students! I am hoping the snow won’t dump on us too much tonight and tomorrow, because I don’t want school to get cancelled (and quite frankly we already have enough snow). Ok…well off to find something to watch with my man (Grey’s Anatomy is a repeat…boo!)