Matt and I spent some time visiting family yesterday, so today we just wanted to relax at our house. For dinner we had turkey burgers, veggies, and these delicious potato skins:
Healthy Potato Skins
- Baking potatoes, baked
- Butter spray
- Turkey bacon, cooked
- Broccoli, steamed
- Reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice baked potatoes in half and scoop out most of the insides (leave about 1/4 inch). Place skins on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Spray with butter spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Top each skin with broccoli, bacon, and cheese
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Top with scallions.
They came out really great! Next time I’ll buy a cheese that melts a little better though. I’ve bought this cheese before and it just doesn’t melt the way I want it to. Oh well.
Off to enjoy the rest of the weekend! Happy spring! 😀