Since Matt made maple syrup last week, I decided to use some to make a sauce for the chicken I had on hand.
Maple Chicken with Apples
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 gala apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and roast apples for about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet at medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Then cook chicken in the skillet. (Should take about 10 minutes).
- Remove chicken from pan. Add apple cider vinegar to the pan, then chicken stock and maple syrup. Cook until sauce thickens. Then return the chicken and apples to the pan. Add pepper to taste.
This was really good, but you definitely have to be in the mood for something sweet! I had it over quinoa and roasted Brussel sprouts. LOVE roasted Brussel sprouts.
Can’t believe it’s already Wednesday!