When Matt told me he was part Syrian awhile back, I immediately replied, “Oh, like Syrian bread?” “Yeah, with tabbouleh!” he said. Tabbouleh…yes, I LOVE tabbouleh! Matt grew up with the stuff, but I discovered it much later. He’s been asking me to make some for weeks now, and I got a really great price on bulgur, so the time had come!
- 1 cup bulgur (uncooked, then add water according to directions)
- 1 bunch of minced scallions
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- Once your bulgur is ready, mix everything together and ENJOY!
Apparently, my tabbouleh rocks according to Matt! I don’t put mint in it, because I’m not a fan, but many traditional recipes call for mint. Sans the mint, I heart tabbouleh! And it is SO good for you! Double score! Oh yeah, and this would be great on Syrian bread! 😉
Delicious & great for a nice 70 degree weather day!